Sunday, March 26, 2006

My offline company, S&S Designed Landscaping, will be going through some major changes this year.

Just this last year, two of my main competitors left the scene. And while this is a blessing, it can also be quite a burden at times. With 5 projects waiting at any one time and 12 designs to create sitting on my desk, I believe I've committed the ultimate contractor sin. Making more promises than I can keep.

So the first change is that we're not accepting any more large landscaping projects unless the client is willing to wait at least six months.

The second is that all design work will require an up front non-refundable deposit. Most of our work is referral and our clients want us specifically. These are no problem. However, no more free hours spent for bid getters and looky loos.

We will be focusing on small projects, sprinkler repairs, waterfalls, and the creation of our new nursery and retail outlet.

Here's to a better year and regaining my sanity.

No comments: